Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Personal Goals

I make a lot of lists. Grocery lists. To-do lists. Lists of restaurants to try. Things I need. Gift ideas. Books I have read. Project ideas. And we all know, there is nothing more satisfying than crossing items off a list. For the past several years, I have created lists to challenge myself. This year instead of setting a goal for the year, I decided to publish my resolution for each month. Maybe this will serve as my accountability?

Without further ado, here are my goals for 2014:

January - Finish decorating and organizing the "new" apartment.
February - Follow a strict vegan diet.
March - Read five books.
April - Floss daily. Wash face daily.
May - Host three dinner parties.
June - Run three miles daily.
July - Take one picture a day.
August - Write one blog post per week.
September - Treat myself and someone else to something special.
October - Do 1000 crunches. Do 1000 push ups.
November - Try six new recipes.
December - Journal daily.

In addition to these goals, I'm going to tackle a fitness, personal, reading, and spiritual goal. To enhance my fitness, I will aim to complete four half marathons and compete in an olympic distance triathlon. My personal goal is to pronounce, read, and write the Arabic alphabet. I would also like to finish 30 books this year--my reading goal. And last, my spiritual plan will be to enjoy a solitude day--eight hours per month, in addition to a weekend alone for the year. This will perhaps be my most important task of the year. It will be a stretch, but I need and like this challenge as well as the others I have set.

"Another year is a collection of minutes. Want a better year? Just spend some minutes doing something better along the way." (Dr. Henry Cloud)

No comments:

Post a Comment